Presents:

BDSM Discussion  11

Symbolism In The Lifestyle

All Comments Posted Here With Permission Of The Participants

[20:43] <LadyMist{> ok then...raven's rules are...'EG' 
[20:43] * LadyMist{ says Hello and welcome to leather and roses' weekly discussionson BDSM the following rules apply.. 
[20:43] * LadyMist{ does the scooby doo dance of joy 
[20:43] <Jackal{sk> sits on arm of the chair and listens 
[20:43] <LadyMist{> you must be of legal age to participate, if you are not, please leave. Legal age being 18 or 21 depending on your area. 
[20:43] <LadyMist{> no trolling will be tolerated, this is not a singles night, it is a discussion night. If you troll, you will be kicked. 
[20:43] <LadyMist{> be polite when speaking and do not flame anyone. You can disagree with an idea, but do not attack the person making the idea. 
[20:43] <LadyMist{> all statements are publishable on the web site, with nicks changed (at your request, email webmaster@leathernroses.com if you don't want yournick used.) If no email is recieved, that will be taken as consent to publish the logs as is (nicks included) on the web site. 
[20:44] <LadyMist{> and Yadda yadda yadda........be nice and all that...the topic for this evening is...symbolism in the lifestyle... 
[20:44] * ravenshad smiles...well done LM.. :) 
[20:45] <LadyMist{> what would you consider to be the most meaningful symbol in your life and why? 
[20:46] <ravenshad> That's a toss up between my collar and my nipple rings LM...my collar is a very dear and wonderful symbol to me, but I cant wear it every minute of the day..whereas my nipple rings are worn all day and symbolize Master's ownership of me.. 
[20:46] * LadyMist{ playing the jeopary music in the background 
[20:46] <Jackal{sk> The most meaning full symbol in my life is my body the way I look and treat it lets people know about you on the out side at least 
[20:47] <LadyMist{> 'S'  I agree....my collar...any mark Milord treats me with... 
[20:47] <LadyMist{> what kind of symbols do you think are overused or maybe even abused? 
[20:47] <ravenshad> Interesting Jackal...I think how one cares for themselves says alot about who they are inside as well.. 
[20:47] <_mizu_> my tail, the bell ring's ;oud and is always chiming while i walk 
[20:48] <ravenshad> what does it symbolize to you mizu? 
[20:48] <ravenshad> I think in many cases a collar is being abused LM.. 
[20:48] <ravenshad> some take them and remove them as if they were nothing.. 
[20:49] <Jackal{sk> Many people where collars I agree ravenshad 
[20:49] <_mizu_> that i am a sub, and that i earned the right to be proud of what i am 
[20:49] * wyspers nods to ravenshad 
[20:49] <ravenshad> Ohhh..I like that mizu.. :) 
[20:49] <AlstrBlck> the entire imagery is overused and abused.  I was chatting with someone earlier, and told them I was Dom, and right away they began asking me how can I treat someone like an animal... 
[20:50] <LadyMist{> OH...agreed...where I come from the collar is taken as seriously as a wedding band...so many do not... 
[20:50] <Jackal{sk> be right back heading towards the restroom 
[20:50] <ravenshad> all of it AB? 
[20:50] <ravenshad> ok Jackal 
[20:50] * _mizu_ gigles 
[20:50] <wyspers> personally, I take a collar more seriously than a wedding band... 
[20:50] <_mizu_> if so i was a very well treated animal (giggle) 
[20:51] <ravenshad> I agree wyspers, that in many ways a collar symbolizes more than a wedding band does.. 
[20:51] <AlstrBlck> yes, raven.  How tv and talk shows show us.  If someone's on a talk show, saying how her hubby abuses her, they always use the phrase "He treats me like a slave and acts like he's my Master!" 
[20:51] <ntalia> my collars (i had different ones depending on whether i was in or out of the house and what i was wearing. my master chose which i would wear each day as he chose the rest of my clothes) were important. more important though was an onyx ear stud. there is a biblical command that after 7 years if a slave wishes to remain his/her ear should be pierced while standing in the doorpost of the house.  
[20:51] <ravenshad> Ahhh..true AB...would you say the surge of teens wearing dog collars be an overuse of a BDSM symbol? 
[20:52] <ntalia> that was done to me. and the onyz ear stud was placed as a permanent reminder of the commitment 
[20:52] <ravenshad> OH talia, that is beautiful!!! 
[20:52] <Jackal{sk> I am back again 
[20:52] <_mizu_> naaa, they are just pissing off thier parent's 
[20:52] * _mizu_ giggles 
[20:52] <LadyMist{> So does anyone consider symbolism to exist in the ritualism of the lifestyle ....how? 
[20:53] <ravenshad> true mizu, but could it not be seen by some in BDSM that a symbol which means alot to us is being used that way? 
[20:53] <ntalia> i like it better than the collars. it is small. it is not a symbol to the outward world, but only between those in the house. 
[20:53] <AlstrBlck> those teens don't understand the symbolism of it, and I've mentioned them before.  They wear them because they saw someone on MTV wearing one, so they decided to be unique and wear one, just like everyone else.   Only they don't understand the meaning of it. 
[20:53] <ravenshad> I think that in many ways there is quite a bit of symbolism in the behaviors of those in BDSM..specifically the submissives... 
[20:53] <LadyMist{> my collars are varied and different...can be worn outside...in the nilla world 
[20:53] <ravenshad> kneeling for example, is often taken as a sign of surrender, and is something many subs are required to do once in a while, if not all the time 
[20:54] <Jackal{sk> I believe if your going to wear a symbol it must be decided between you and your master when going into public 
[20:54] <ntalia> a lot of people wear the symbols of others without caring what the meaning is - Kokopeli's, pentagrams, crosses... they're all fashion statements as much as theological statements in some circles. 
[20:54] <ravenshad> I like that idea talia, you speak of the earring the same way I speak of the nipple rings.. :) 
[20:54] <ravenshad> true talia 
[20:54] <ravenshad> good point Jackal.. 
[20:55] <LadyMist{> if I wear a pentagram....I could lose my kids..even if I wanted to be 'out' that way... 
[20:55] <wild{V_P}> i rarely kneel for any period of time... but i do sit at his feet mostly 
[20:55] <_mizu_> Marisha had me to make my collar so that it could be worn in public as well as home 
[20:55] <ravenshad> Lowering the eyes can be a symbol of submission as well.. 
[20:55] <AlstrBlck> I have 3 symbols I wear all the time when I am out, 4 actually. 
[20:55] <ravenshad> Ahhh..an excellent variation ..what does it symbolize for you wild? 
[20:55] <Jackal{sk> now if all of us where meeting inthe same place same room  seeing someone with a collar on wouldn't surprise any of us 
[20:55] <ravenshad> I think that is sad LM 

[20:56] * LadyMist{ nods 
[20:56] * LadyMist{ listening to AlstrBlck 
[20:56] <ravenshad> talia, could you explain what the biblical symbolism of the ear ring is?  
[20:56] <wild{V_P}> true... it is more acceptable in public circles.. like him on the couch me on the floor... it symbolizes... it just feels right 
[20:57] <AlstrBlck> I have a skull necklace on, holding a crystal ball in his mouth, that I had on the day my g-father died.  I haven't taken it off since, EXCEPT when the leather strap or chain broke.  I would then replace it and put it back on. 
[20:57] <Jackal{sk> I agree wild 
[20:57] * LadyMist{ agrees with wild... 
[20:57] <LadyMist{> It does feel right... 
[20:58] <Jackal{sk> and nobody thinks anything of it 
[20:58] <AlstrBlck> I also wear a Dragon necklace when I go out.  He is my guardian, and I have had complete strangers tell me how strong the karma is around it. 
[20:58] <LadyMist{> do you think the symboliam of that expresses something for every submissive? 
[20:58] <ravenshad> yes..that's even something you can in front of kids..explained easily by I am comfy on the floor.. :) 
[20:58] <Jackal{sk> good point ravenshad 
[20:59] <wild{V_P}> doesn't symbolize anything... and the best gift he ever gave me... was the pillow that i sit on 
[20:59] <AlstrBlck> Ii prefer kneeling, too, sometimes.  Helps my back out. 
[20:59] <ravenshad> I do LM..I think it expresses submission..I like sitting at Master's feet, makes me feel good and is a physical sign of our relationship 
[20:59] <LadyMist{> 'S'  I love the pallet he gave me to be able to sleep at the foot of the bed... 
[21:00] <ravenshad> Would you say that cuffs, ropes and other things used for bondage can be symbolic? 
[21:00] <LadyMist{> not to be able....but to make it more accessible.... 
[21:00] <LadyMist{> ahhhhh....I remember when our wrists cuffs got stolen....I had them made for him....I thought a part of us got stolen.... 
[21:01] <_mizu_> they are more tool's raven, i used a bullwhip before i even knew anthing about BDSM 
[21:01] <LadyMist{> so I think they can be symbolic... 
[21:01] <ravenshad> good point mizu.. 
[21:01] <wild{V_P}> i disagree with the lowering of eyes though... to me that is embarrassement and shame  
[21:01] <Jackal{sk> yes they can mine loves the wipe that was given to us 
[21:01] <LadyMist{> 'S'  I think it can....I don't look anyone in the eyes... 
[21:02] <ravenshad> Ahh LM..brings up this question...Can something become symbollic because it holds a special memory (purpose, thought, or emotion) for the people involved even if it is not symbolic to someone else? 
[21:02] <LadyMist{> although most don't realize I am looking at their chin... 
[21:02] <_mizu_> i have my set of item's that i have made, most for no other reason to see if they could be done 
[21:02] <_mizu_> but now they are a part of me, made by me, and i know every inch of them by heart 
[21:02] <ravenshad> *giggle* LM..do you see alot of cute chins then? 
[21:03] <ravenshad> and they mean something to you mizu? something more than just what they are? 
[21:03] <Jackal{sk> Some where a cross are they disciples of God or are they wearing it because it looks pretty, a symbol is what you make it 
[21:03] <LadyMist{> see lots of sute chins...LOL 
[21:03] <wyspers> i think there's a difference between symbolism and sentimentality. 
[21:04] <_mizu_> yes, they will be the gift i give the Mistress that collar's me, my part of the bond 
[21:04] <LadyMist{> really wyspers?  what difference? 
[21:04] <AlstrBlck> Ii wear a skull ring, it symbolises the fact that  I have died, and I know that death is always close at hand.  No sentimentality there. 
[21:04] <Jackal{sk> I disagree wyspers  mine gave me a dolphine necklace that symblizes our commitment and love to her. 
[21:05] <wild{V_P}> yes LM.. but you had them specially made..... if you had a plate specially made for him to eat off.  Would not the feeling be the same if it was stolen 
[21:06] <wild{V_P}> are you tall LM... if i looked at peop 
[21:06] <wild{V_P}> poples chins... would end up at there eyes 
[21:06] <wyspers> at least to me, an item that has become symbolic represents a higher concept, or an ideal.  Sentimentality is more an emotional attachment to an object, bringing back memories and allowing me to relive them. 
[21:06] <ntalia> the only "bondage" item i had that was symbolic were the rawhide laces master sometimes tied to my wrists. it was like i'd become a falcon and he controlled my flight.  
[21:06] <ntalia> i don't know if that makes sense, but it did to me. 
[21:07] <LadyMist{> of course it makes sense.... 
[21:07] <ntalia> the other things were fun or functional. but not about symbolism, i dont'think 
[21:07] <AlstrBlck> It makes sense to me, talia. 
[21:07] <LadyMist{> I relate subspace to flight... 
[21:07] <wyspers> sometimes they do blend a bit, though... I wear a triskalli <sp?> that the man who introduced me to this lifestyle gave me.  that is both symbolic to me, and sentimental... 
[21:07] <Jackal{sk> sure it does it something you shared wiyh him 
[21:08] <LadyMist{>  But the differnece between symbolism and semimentality... 
[21:08] <LadyMist{> if it means to all it is a symbol....to one is it semimental... 
[21:08] * ravenshad tags LM..it's all yours hon..my sincerest thanks.. :) 
[21:08] <LadyMist{> is that correct? 
[21:08] <ravenshad> I must go all, I am sorry..but I need to rest..LM is the host for tonight's discussion..Enjoy!! 
[21:09] * wyspers nods... 

<LadyMist{> ook everyone...let's make raven proud... 
<AlstrBlck> Does that mean  I have to behave? <G> 
* wyspers laughs at AlstrBlck 
<LadyMist{> what would you consider to be symbolic in the lifestyle today...? 
<Jackal{sk> moves to  a chair of comfort 
<AlstrBlck> money. 
<wyspers> money? 
<LadyMist{> and no you don't...LOL just animated... 
<AlstrBlck> opps, sorry. 
<LadyMist{> $? 
<AlstrBlck> thought you meant in life for people. 
<LadyMist{> in the lifestyle for BDSM... 
<AlstrBlck> I know, misunderstood for a second. 
<LadyMist{> like branding....scarring....tattooing? 
<Jackal{sk> money doesn't help bring happiness like the world thinks 
<Jackal{sk> I beleive a tattoo would describe one better it you no one else 
<wyspers> I'm sure that all of those are, but I'm not familiar with any that actually employ them... 
<LadyMist{> Ok then...what would you consider a symbol? 
<Jackal{sk> Come from the streets gangs brand them selves to represent who they belong to 
<Jackal{sk> wheather it be clothing ,a pin, a tattoo there a number of things 
<LadyMist{> ok then...what if I brand myself to show who I beong to? isn't that a symbol? 
<Jackal{sk> yes to the one you are with 
<LadyMist{> We are talking about BDSM...let's please keep it on topic.... 
<wild{V_P}> why don't you look others in the eyes LM? 
<Jackal{sk> as long as people understand, like a weddding ring that you csan't take off 
<LadyMist{> I don't because I am a slave and do not feel comfortable meeting the eyes of anyone until I am told to...and still then I don't feel confortable... 
<LadyMist{> It is my thing....not something I am told to do... 
<AlstrBlck> I attended parochial school, where I was "taught" it is impolite to stare, so consequently, I only catch eye contact with someone infrequently when talking to them. 
<Jackal{sk> True and my relartionship I am the dom. one but she still has her say 
<LadyMist{> I wonder what other subs do not feel comfortable doing as a rule?  is that symbolic? 
<Jackal{sk> With eye contact you show that you are not scared of them 
<LadyMist{> I can not be scared and still not have eye contact... 
<Jackal{sk> and that you respect them 
<wyspers> I've never understood how not making eye contact equated with respect... 
<LadyMist{> I don't either wyspers....'shrug' 
<Jackal{sk> LadyMist you stare me in the eyes and I respect you and nothing happens 
<LadyMist{> Jackal ...dear...I have never looked you right in the eyes... 
<LadyMist{> never... 
<Jackal{sk> o.k. maybe my medication fooled me 
<LadyMist{> BUT to stay on topic..people work with me.... 
<LadyMist{> symbolism in the lifestyle.... 
<Jackal{sk> I try to stare everyone in the eyes the eyes tell a lot about a perdon 
<Jackal{sk> person 
<LadyMist{> we have covered the big stuff....what is the first symbol that comes to mind when considering BDSM? 
<AlstrBlck> Doesn't work with me.  People say that when I do stare at them, it's like looking into a black hole. 
<Jackal{sk> respect 
<LadyMist{> respect is a symbol? 
<wyspers> I think handcuffs would be...  I know that the lifestyle is my first thought whenever I see them.. 
<LadyMist{> what about placing symbols in a place where 'nilla 
<LadyMist{> can see them? 
<ntalia> the first thing, being at master's feet - kneeling, sitting or just curled up next to them while he would read or watch tv. 
<Jackal{sk> I don't do it to scare someone show show them they can't walk all over me 
<LadyMist{> ie....a collar worn in public? 
<ntalia> i had collars that were worn publicly, but they were not obvious as such, 
<LadyMist{> 'S"  I like those kinds of symbols... 
<wild{V_P}> that as i enter or leave a room... (rl and irc) that i greet him first... and leave him last.  that is a symbol 
<Jackal{sk> a collar is except by teens 
<ntalia> they were a symbol to me alone. 
<AlstrBlck> collars in public, in some cities, are blase'.  So many kids wear them, it means nothing. 
<LadyMist{> but if it means something to those  involved does that lessen it? 
<LadyMist{> I like that wild.... 
<LadyMist{> almost what I do.... 
<AlstrBlck> I was shocked once to see a kid wearing a cock-ring about his wrist (leather bands holding it flat against his wrist).   I laughed because I knew whayt it was, but no one  
  else there did. 
<wyspers> well, wearing one here in nashville still grabs attention, especially if it's worn by someone unexpected, like a mom...  makes people aware that we exist in the community without dispelling their misconceptions about our livestyle... 
<LadyMist{> that is unfortunate....do you think that symbols should dispell misconceptions...? 
<wyspers>  I prefer less obvious alternatives, such as a necklace that is not removed... 
<Jackal{sk> I belive now a days people except pretty much anything just as a phase 
<wyspers> no, that's not their function...  but we're an underground culture, and that aspect should be taken into consideration 
<wild{V_P}> also... that my feelings and all of me are open to them... through my eyes 
<Jackal{sk> LadyMist I wear no symbols but I will tell people if they ask about my private life 
<LadyMist{> Do you feel that a dom and sub...bearing a mark of ownship...in public harms the image of our lifestyle? 
<Jackal{sk> I hide nothing 
<LadyMist{> In hiding nothing....in the south we can lose our children... 
* wyspers nods to LadyMist{ 
<LadyMist{> so symbolism cannot be so open 
<Jackal{sk> No omce again it shows unity(sprlling)between the two 
<LadyMist{> you must know with whon you can trust you symbols... 
<leeanna> i could never openly where a symbol that was recognized. i would loose mychildren 
<wild{V_P}> that it is individual... like most things in BDSM... one symbol means different things to each relationship.  
<Jackal{sk> A symbol can be a necklace a ring etc 
<leeanna> but then again the gay and lesbian communities paid a price while wearing symbols...earrings etc but are now an accepted part of the community 
<LadyMist{> yes....but wha if it were a branding?  a tattoo?  something more permanent? 
<Jackal{sk> and when you meet other BDSM share the symbol with them 
<wild{V_P}> actions to me are more important than things....  
<LadyMist{> how can we share communtiy symbols then? 
<LadyMist{> agreed wild... 
<Jackal{sk> what type of tatto are yuo talking about  
<wyspers> we're on it, LadyMist{ :)   the internet is our greatest asset in that regard :) 
<leeanna> it would be nice to be able to recognize another in the lifstyle...and sooner or later we have to be accepted or not, 
<Jackal{sk> LadyMist 
<wyspers> have any of you seen the triskalli? 
<leeanna> no what is it? 
<LadyMist{> no what is that? 
<LadyMist{> LOL 
<leeanna> echo 
<wyspers> lol! 
<Jackal{sk> wysper explain 
<LadyMist{> please... 
<wild{V_P}> true.... we are an underground culture and yet some still like that and use the symbols as a shock factor 
<wyspers> it's a symbol that was developed on a mailing list I believe...  
<LadyMist{> is it the BDSM symbol? 
<LadyMist{> the circle thing? 
<leeanna> is it garrish or classy ? 
<wyspers> yes that's it :) 
<wyspers> it lookes like a yin yan only with three parts...  
<wild{V_P}> nor do I, Jackal, but I don't shout it off the hills either.  Daily I wear a simple rubber band 
<LadyMist{> 'S'  I like that symbol...I would like it to grace my body.... 
<LadyMist{> YES!!! 
<LadyMist{> that one... 
<wyspers> I actually think it is quite classy :) 
<wyspers> and it's completely unrecognizable as a symbol of BDSM unless you're in the lifestyle and know of it... 
<LadyMist{> Classy yes...I just hope it does not become overused and abused like other things int he lifestyle has... 
<leeanna> i would like something nice that i can act like is just a beautiful piece of jewelry but others in the lifestyle know..even to be identified as sub or Dom 
<Jackal{sk> I plam on getting a tattoo of a women with a chain around her neck 
<wyspers> this is it then, leeanna... 
<LadyMist{> How could we add sub or Dom to that? 
<wyspers> and I do hope so too, LadyMist{, although I'm sure that some teen will see one and think they're "kewl" 
<wild{V_P}> yes, i have a few friends understand the symbol of the rubber band.. and even snap it...  
<leeanna> i don't know Lady but it would just be nice 
<Jackal{sk> Once again we are allowing society to judge us 
<wild{V_P}> the mark off from Martial Arts? 
<leeanna> tell me about the rubber band please 
<wild{V_P}> what is the third supposed to mean though?  
<wyspers> that's what I've been trying to figure out, LadyMist{...  haven't come up with any ideas to mark myself as a sub, other than behaviour :) 
<wyspers> the triads are safe, sane and consensual as well as Dom, sub and switch, wild{V_P} 
<LadyMist{> how are we allowing society to judge us Jackal by accepting the symbol of BDS< 
<wild{V_P}> sure leeanna... its a simple thick rubber band, i wear it on my wrist.  Just something Master had me place there one day for work so that I would feel him with me 
<LadyMist{> I don't agree with SSC....but the other  will go with....'S" 
<leeanna> We may want to come out in masse just as the homosexual community did, we will pay for it but if we want not to hide then it will be necessary 
* wyspers nods to leeanna 
<LadyMist{> agreed... 
<Jackal{sk>  society decides what is right and what is wrong how many BDSM are out there in the closet and are afraid to come out and admit it 
<wyspers> too many, Jackal{sk 
<AlstrBlck> "Hey, Hey, are time has come, to step out of the Dungeon and admit we're Dom!" ??? 
<wild{V_P}> and why do I have to admit it to everyone Jackal? 
<leeanna> i admitted it to my room mate....all it got me was him turned on 
<LadyMist{> We will always be afraod to come out and admit it when we can lose our kids b/c of it... 
<wyspers> lol leeanna 
<LadyMist{> do the symbols make us feel closer together as partners?  as a community? 
<wild{V_P}> they do... everyone want acceptance in some level.  
<leeanna> yes of course we will be afraid of loosing our children,...we must start out by being hair dressers 
<leeanna> sorry for the levity 
<Jackal{sk> I agree about losing the kids but if we public admit it and control our selves in public and n0ot expose the kids to the sexuzl side what have we done wromng? 
<AlstrBlck> If someone asks me, I come right out and admit it. But, due to the ignorance of the society we live in, I have discovered that the easiest phrase I can say that they will  
  understand is "I tie up and spank women".  A shame, really, they can't fathom more than that at once. 
<LadyMist{> I agree...they can't... 
<LadyMist{> and I also think it is unfortunate that they as a group do that and want more... 
<leeanna> i would feel closer in the community with a symbol, the problem is that many in the lifestyle with nothing to loose will make major noise about it and those of us who wish  
  to be recognized within our commuity will get more thanw we bargained for 
<AlstrBlck> as in any community, some choose to come out, some choose to keep it quiet, and some care neither way. 
<LadyMist{> do you think it is better that we make our own symbols and they mean something speacial to us...as partners..? 
<Jackal{sk> leeanna I agree at first but like everything else it soon forgotten 
<wild{V_P}> nor do I have the time to explain it to everyone either.... that is extremely time consuming.  if a friend asks something, I explain a little and see if they ask for  
  more 
<leeanna> we have mechanisms for finding one another and the personal symbols are very nice though i've yet to have one 
<Jackal{sk> that the way I do wild 
<LadyMist{> have you ever had a friend wold ask about a nilla peice of jewlery and why you wear it all the tme? 
<wyspers> the personal symbols are important as well, but will be different for everyone and different in meaning... 
* LadyMist{ crowns herself typo queen....yet again 
<Jackal{sk> I agree wyspers 
<wild{V_P}> giggles.. all the time Ma'am... about the rubber band. 
<leeanna> i had a Master who insisted i wear a scarf of some kind at all times...my family went nuts trying to figure out my sudden love of scarves <g> 
<wild{V_P}> smile... i like the creativeness of that leanna 
<wyspers> LadyMist{, I get around that by sidestepping the question if I think the asker might not respond favorably... 
<LadyMist{> Do these hidden symbols mean more becuase they are personal? 
<AlstrBlck> all the time here, too, about my rings and necklaces. 
<leeanna> it was so there was always something handy to tie me with 
<leeanna> it was nice 
<LadyMist{> I understand wyspers... 
* chens{LM} giggles, ex asks why i wear a necklace all the time when i usually dont wear jewelery at all 
<LadyMist{> 'S" 
* LadyMist{ always has something handy... 
<wyspers> hidden symbols are always more powerful to the individuals 
<Jackal{sk> So do  other LadyMist lol 
* AlstrBlck always has thumbcuffs handy... ;} 
<leeanna> i think the personal symbols carry an intimacy and are not the same as a generic symbol 
<wild{V_P}> yes Ma'am.. it does.... I also like that it must be replaced often too 
<leeanna> thumbcuffs <lee grins> 
* wyspers looks down at her thumbs 
<LadyMist{> is the rubber band your symbol wild...or your dominants? 
<wild{V_P}> my Masters... his idea 
* AlstrBlck looks at wysper's thumbs, too... 
* leeanna thumbs are feeling sudden desire 
<wyspers> ah... we've been talking a lot about the symbols that a sub might wear... are there any that might be common for Doms? 
<chens{LM}> thumbcuffs... *thinks of chinese handcuffs* 
<LadyMist{> AAAH  good question...wyspers... 
<wild{V_P}> i have been thinking of getting him a new belt to wear... with a pattern woven into it 
* wyspers sits on her hands at the moment and looks innocent... 
<wild{V_P}> or burnt...just haven't found the pattern 
<LadyMist{> Milord has two belts I hate... 
<leeanna> i think some kind of nice gold ring for DOMs would be great 
<LadyMist{> one has holes...the other is braided... 
<wyspers> yes, leeanna :) 
<leeanna> and they are a bit braver... 
<Jackal{sk> A dom could wear a certain item a belt or a shirt.... 
* AlstrBlck likes wysper sitting on her hands, particularly since she is sitting on his lap... <EG> 
<wyspers> lol!! 
<LadyMist{> ok...shall we declare the topic closed for this evening? 
<AlstrBlck> question, before we proceed further... 
<LadyMist{> ok...'listening' 
<wyspers> would they be recognizable to anyone in the lifestyle as symbols? 
<AlstrBlck> LM, Jackal, I take it by the caps and the {} that you are both switches? 
<LadyMist{> I think the Dom aura is more visible 
<wyspers> have to agree with that on, LadyMist{ :) 
<AlstrBlck> damn, lost my train of thought, nevermind. 
<LadyMist{> I am a switch....and chens is mine...Wolf...Milord never comes here...as of yet at least... 
<Jackal{sk> only if we let them know and it bexame a world wide standard 
<LadyMist{> Jackal is my next door neighbor...and his {} is his wife... 
<AlstrBlck> I lost what I was going to say, so nevermind the question. <L> 
<wild{V_P}> smile.. that must be nice Jackal and LM...  
<Jackal{sk> LadyMist is teaching me much and so has Master Wolf 
<LadyMist{> it is very nice... 
<leeanna> i would like to know where these jewelry symbols can be found so i can look at them' 
<Jackal{sk> leeanna  
<leeanna> i would wear one and if anyone not in the lifestyle said "Good lord do you know what the hell you have on...../ 
<LadyMist{> we live in a community that we can be pretty ok with our neighbors... 
<leeanna> i could say 'A nice piece of jewelry???? 
<wyspers> I don't know the exact URL but I did see a page about them, and how to get them in the CastleRealm library... www.castlerealm.com 
<leeanna> Yes Jackal SIR 
<LadyMist{> OK...then for the log are we done with symbolism? 
<Jackal{sk> I beleive the jewerly is something you will have to find and decided omn 
<leeanna> thank you wyspers 
<wyspers> welcome, leeanna :) 
<Jackal{sk> I am 
<LadyMist{> Good evening everyone...best regards and I will see everyone next sun night.... 

Return To Logs 1999 Email

LnR Toy Store

Site Map

To hear of changes to the web site, or events taking place in the chat room, enter your e-mail address and click on the button below to join the LnRannounce mailing list. This is an announcement list only and is of very low volume. Or if you prefer, e-mail Raven (ravenshad@knology.net ) to be added to the list, be sure to include your e-mail address and the name of the list within the e-mail.

Subscribe to LnRannounce